Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W: VoIP phones losing registration and staying offline

Paul Grondahl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

VoIP phones connected to a Cloud PBX provider are losing their registration to the Cloud PBX. The router in question is an RV220W.

This started occurring when more phones were added to the site. Phones will boot up, register and then lose their registration within a minute or two. 

A larger number of phones of the same model with identical config are connecting through a Cisco 871 router without issues so we know the phones and their configs are good.

SIP ALG is disabled.

The UDP session timeout duration is 120 secs. The phones are set to re-register every minute.

What could be wrong?

1 Reply 1

I experienced a similar issue with this router.  In addition to increasing the session timeout (though on my set up the phones were registering every 120 seconds, so I set my timer to 360 seconds), through testing I saw that I was experiencing port flapping on the WAN port.  I locked it down at 100 Mbps, and that seemed to resolve my problem. 

Also, since you mentioned that you have another router, make sure your set up doesn't have these phones double NATed - though it sounds like you'd already know to check for that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: