cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Firmware Update 1.4.2.20 Problem!!!

viningele
Level 3
Level 3

After the upgrade all I get is this crap:

404 Not Found
The requested server-side-includes filename, /usr/local/EasyAccess/www/htdocs/startpage.htm, does not seem to exist.

Seemed to work ok on another RV325 but on this one this is the 2nd time this has happened.  Earlier today after a reboot it was working again but then it behaved oddly in the web gui.  Press a button for x I'd get y, click on Setup and VPN would open.  So this is probably another one of those Cisco firmware updates where they expect you to factory default your router after the update and then re-configure it from scratch cuz I guess the previous config doesn't align with the new architecture so something.  All I know is I'm getting sick of Cisco.  I hope they have better engineers working on their enterprise stuff.  Now I'm beginning to see why some companies that once suggested to use Cisco for video over IP are not anymore.  

3 Replies 3

viningele
Level 3
Level 3

Well I drove to the job today and the router was just out of whack so I did a reset but loaded an exported config I made during the brief time it wasn't wonky after the FW upgrade.  Seems stable now but only time will tell.

Below is what the release notes says about the upgrade, it recommends which means it isn't mandatory and shouldn't be unless they just don't know.  And New Features, what new feature the only thing the release note says was resolved was "Command Injection Vulnerability"  what ever that is.  Even if the firmware changes the architecture the router should be smart enough or made smart enough through code to parse out the existing config settings and put them into the new architecture and then give warning about areas where conflicts may be.  Most companies do this in other areas, if you do a FW upgrade they take the old config file and make it compatible with the new FW and let you know if there's problems in any areas.  It would also be nice if the config for the 320/5 was an editable xml like on the 340's.  Having a compiled config file is just about useless if bad stuff happens.   At least if it was XML you could rebuild the config file quickly and easily yourself by exporting the the xml config of the defaulted system and pasting parts into their appropriate areas.  Of course a good parsing routing by a decent programmer could make the upgrade do this automatically.

" We recommend that you reset your device to use default settings when you upgrade to version 1.4.2.20 and reconfigure your settings to include these new features."

viningele
Level 3
Level 3

Well I was playing with the configurations again trying to get the VPN from my iPad working, it was before the upgrade and has on occasion since.  PPTP works fine on my office PC but I can't seem to figure out why the easy ipsec vpn won't work on my iPad.  anyway at one point I figured I'd restart the router but the restart button would just pop up the are you sure dialogue box and when I'd press yes nothing would happen.  I could flip to other areas pushing other buttons but I couldn't restart the dam thing so I figured I'd resend the FW again which would force a reboot afterward.  It did but now I'm back to the same error screen when I log in.  FYI, I'm working remotely.

404 Not Found
The requested server-side-includes filename, /usr/local/EasyAccess/www/htdocs/startpage.htm, does not seem to exist.

This is really getting annoying.  I can still remotely log into other equipment through this router so it's not completely bricked but when it's like this my PPTP vpn won't finish the connection.  

Next step is to throw it out or do another factory reset and start the config again from scratch but there's a lot of static entries although not really much else, 3 vlans with pools so it not that daunting a task but why should I have to?  Anyone got other products they really like?  

Sick of these sort of issues. I've had it! Cisco just lost a client (university)

Did already changed switches: all HPE Aruba now. 

Have some small lan RV325 routers, will remove and replace them.

I hope Cisco looses it's market leading position soon. Maybe quality will become a priority again.