Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 can't login after Password expired

wediq32
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Together

Today I wanted to login into the RV340 Router of a Client. After I logged in, a Password expired Page showed up. I was Asked for:

Username

Old Password

New Password

New Password

Because I didn't want to give a new Password without saving it into Keypass, I left the Password fields empty, as it was stated: "leave blank for empty" or similar. I clicked okay/next and after that was on the Loginscreen again.

But then the Problem begann. I can't login anymore! Not with Username and no Password (as it should), not with Username and old Password, not with the standard Password, just not at all!

Is there any specific Password the Router gives, If you leave that two fields empty? I think that's a fairly big Bug and needs to be fixed, as the Mask even says something like "leave blank for empty".

Thanks for your Help.

11 Replies 11

Inland-OZ
Level 1
Level 1

Yes have experienced this every time I install an RVxxx and the initial configuration requires the password be created.

Blank always results in a cold reset with the front concealed micro switch and loading the last know good XML backup.

Sorry of no help and I thought, as you do that is some sort of bug.

To me a reset is not a Soloition. I took over that Client, the old consultant gave me the credidentials and i could log on. As i didnt knew the pw policy of that customer, i wanted to leave the password empty till i saved the config. But that never happend, because it threw me out - and now i dont have a backup and can‘t log in. The doku is also really poor. So will be difficult to reverse engineer after a Factory reset.

At the moment there is nothing to change, but as soon as that cuatomer needs something, it will be bad.

So there needs to be a way to get back that config.

The usuap way via cli doesent work as this is a small business device.

At least its Cisco, there will be Professional help with a Soloution.

At least do i hope that…

Inland-OZ
Level 1
Level 1

That is no good to read.

IF you come to the last resort, the reset button might give you access to the fallback (backup or mirror?) configuration, worth a try if all else fails, from the manual:

To reboot the router, press the reset button with a paper clip or pen tip for less than 10 seconds.

wediq32
Level 1
Level 1

okay, I tried the under 10sec Reset. Not working. I'm still prompted with the Password Mask which I chan't log in.

ANY HELP PLEASE?

The procedure I know, work  this way:

- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.

Thanks for your reply.

as far as i know, this will result in a full Factory reset, thats not what i want, as i have to ge the config out first.

Or am i wrong?

Hi Wediq32,

The PW reset should have failed. Get in touch with TAC, they may have options for you but there is no guarantee. You may need to perform a reset though.

US/Canada

1 866 606 1866

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

wediq32
Level 1
Level 1

I had to setup anything from scratch.. 6h unpaid work at the weekend.. thanks good I know now how bad Cisco support is..

Hi ,

My name is Nikola Butlev and I'm Cisco Engineer.

Concerning your pasword issue with RV340 the only solution is a full reset.

BTW, is your router licensed?

Thank you,

Yeha, i figured that out the hard(reset) way.

Yes, it‘s licenced, why?

if you know, why does wpa3 not work with the 1832AP‘s in Mobility Express Mode?

see my other topic for more information..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: