cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 FW 1.0.03.21 problems

AlKor
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yesterday i do online update FW from 1.0.03.20 to 1.0.03.21 and lost connection to router.

After check i found:

1. Router start with default config. And didnt read startup config (its from 1.0.03.20).

2. When copy mirror config (from 1.0.03.20) to startup config show error.

3. When upload config from PC to startup config show error.

4. When copy mirror to startup is ok. But after reboot same as [1]

I changed active image to 1.0.03.20. Reboot.  Now router read startup config, all work.

Cisco, Is there any way to load config from 1.0.03.20  to1.0.03.21?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...show error

- What is the error ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Didnt photo error. Somth about cannot load due errors in xml.

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

Can you kindly please do the below steps and check whether it works

1. If its presently booted in v1.0.03.21, RE-Boot the RV340 into v1.0.03.20

2. Check that all configurations and features are working correctly on v1.0.03.20 as before....

3. Do again a permanent save to "Startup-Config" in the Config-Management page

4. Now export/Download the existing config (Running Config) of v1.0.03.20 to PC (and save it as a xml file...say for e.g:  v20-config.xml")

5. Next RE-BOOT the RV340 into v1.0.03.21....and here you are saying that its booting with some default config (factory-default config)

6. So now the RV340 is running v1.0.03.21....therefore go to config-management page...and now IMPORT/UPLOAD-FROM-PC to Running-Config - select the file "v20-config.xml" you had exported/downloaded earlier to PC

7. So what would happen here is that the imported v20-config.xml file would be loaded into "Running Config"....Note: this is running-config and is NOT yet saved into startup-config....so DO NOT REBOOT THE GW YET..

8. Check whether all the configs and features are working or applied correctly...

- if yes....then do a permanent save - from running-config to startup config....and reboot once again the device to v1.0.03.21...

Hope it works for you....

I know how to configure router and how to export settings

In step 7, an error message appears when trying to import.

You are not on the Cisco team and I will not waste my time and shut down the entire office, this router is in production.

P.S.
My config file is over 200Kb. There is no CLI on this router and loading the configuration on new firmware can be a headache

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: