cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345P Web GUI not allowing login

bruce C
Level 1
Level 1

Recently I have been unable to login to the WEB GUI on my RV345p router. I can get to the login page, if I enter incorrect credentials, i am given a login error (so it is trying to login). If I enter proper credentials, the gui never loads.

Reading prior posts this may have do with a recent firmware upgrade.

Is there an easy way to downgrade the fw if i can not access the management console?

I am sure I copied the running config to the startup config after the upgrade so a simple reboot  will not work.

Thanks for any help

8 Replies 8

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thanks, I will try the tftp option mentioned in the release notes. As this appears to be an issue, I have to wonder why are fw upgrades being released which effectively lock you out of the management page?

andysts
Level 1
Level 1

I did a factory reset and can't access it or telnet. Other bad thing is I took over from previous IT guy and he won't tell me where he purchased it. So I have a router that I can not use and is a paper weight.

connect to Console Port—The router console port is designed for a serial cable connection to a
terminal or a computer that is running a terminal emulation program.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

andysts
Level 1
Level 1

I plugged in the console cable/usb. It's COM4. Picked serial in Putty to COM4 and it's just sits there. It's not connecting.

Turn off the router, and post complete boot process you see in console ( AS  TEXT - NOT Screenshot)

what LED do you see in front?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

andysts
Level 1
Level 1

It won't allow me to upload the file.

andysts
Level 1
Level 1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: