Views
Helpful
Replies

SA520W Firewall malfuntion?

Shark_es2003
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, guys.

I have an old SA520W Small business router, appearing to works fine. But I'm suspecting it is not exactly true.

Both IPS / Protectlink licenses are unavailable (IPS license expired and Proteclink not licensed).

I'm quite tired to check multiple configurations in order to open ports from the WAN to DMZ, WAN to LAN, etc. without success.

My question is: Must the firewall work fine with above licenses expired? Should I be capable for open ports and get results with this unlisenced state?

With Many thanks,

Andres.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

IPS license and Protect link license expiration should not stop you creating policies for just port opening only. Infact you can do this without IPS and protect link license.

Expired license might impact your existing policies configured related to these licenses.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

IPS license and Protect link license expiration should not stop you creating policies for just port opening only. Infact you can do this without IPS and protect link license.

Expired license might impact your existing policies configured related to these licenses.

Perfect, many thanks. Al least this topic seems to be clear for me by now.

Next phase will be resetting to it's default values and investigating step by step what the possible cause is. I'm spending plenty of time for this, but I'm afraid I won't stop until I discover it.

Regards.