cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup PPTP and forced to reset router IP to 10.x.x.1 to avoid conflict

thomashfchow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I bought a RV110W yesterday to create a simple wireless connection with VPN capability. I followed the starting guide and completed the physical connection of the modem. Now I have LAN and wireless internet connection. I come to the VPN tab, enabled it and added a new row with my choice of user name and password.

I have the default setting unchanged such as

IP for PPTP server 10.0.0.1
IP for PPTP clients 10.0.0.10 to 14
MPPE encryption Enabled
Netbios over VPN no tick

Then I got this caution popped up as per attached. I didn't really understand what it meant and I pressed OK to continue. After a while the router seemed to have resetted itself, but I no longer able to find the GUI from 192.168.1.1 anymore.

What had happened? and how can I set up the PPTP connection on the router? How can I find the GUI again? Many thanks!

Thomas Chow
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Thomas, if using a windows computer, you can perform an ipconfig on a command prompt, the default gateway is the router IP.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: