Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

small business RV082

I am new to cisco technology, i bought the above router to help me improve internet access for my small business with about 40 users. I already have two Vigor routers one for senior staff and the other for rest of users including guests.

My questions is: how can i use the cisco router with my Vigor routers? can I link them together or I have to use the cisco router seperately, if How can I do it. Any step by step instructions will be welcome.

I dont know whether i should plug the cisco router to one of my vigor routers?? I do everything through google and it has been working so am trying cisco technology now

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, you can link router together as long as the LAN subnets are different.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michael Swenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can connect the RV042 to your existing router.  However, this will not increase your speed and performance.

- Run a cable from the LAN of your router to the WAN / Internet port on the RV082.  Next make sure the LAN subnet on your router and the RV082 must be different.  Example. the default LAN of the RV082 is 192.168.1.1/24.  Thus the LAN on your router can not be the same subnet 192.168.1.1/24

TO increase speed and performance, you can

- Purchase more bandwidth from you internet provider

- Exchange your routers and switches for gigabit devices.

Best Regards,

Mike

Thanks Mike. So am i suppose to just plug the RV082 with its current factory settings??

one router is on 192.168.1.1 and the other one is on 10.10.1.1. 

Correct, you can link router together as long as the LAN subnets are different.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: