Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP configuration change

lacv2k
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I recently setup two 3850 switches for different netwoks. In the configuration I setup SNMP for monitoring traffic throught specific interfaces.

After many day of normal operation, my client, the owner of the switch and the network, call me because they cant monitor the traffic anymore.

Becasue they have credentials to access the switches, I suspect they have change accidentally the SNMP configuration of the switch. So I wonder if these changes can be saved in a log file and how can I check it. Also I´d like to know how can I find out what is the real cause of these changes.

Because I have experimented a similar problem in a second switch, I would like to know if it is a problem of the switch and how can I detect it.

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Luis A. Cristóbal V.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

The 3850s are not considered a Small Business router (such as the RV series). I'd suggest to post your question to the main Switching section so your post can get the appropriate visibility and be answered sooner. If your issue is urgent you can also call our support centre for assistance.   Thank you!  

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

The 3850s are not considered a Small Business router (such as the RV series). I'd suggest to post your question to the main Switching section so your post can get the appropriate visibility and be answered sooner. If your issue is urgent you can also call our support centre for assistance.   Thank you!  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: