Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software VPN does not work on RV042

Today i have a Linux computer as a router and it works fine, but when i change to my RV042 the software VPN stops to work (VPN Direçáo) on the computer.

We use this software VPN for the card payments (D-TEF) so i have to get it to work.

I opened the same ports as i had in the Linux on the RV042 did not work, i opened all port on the RV042 did not work, i put it in DMZ mode and it did not work, i opened it all to the IP address of the computer that has the program on it.

The computer with the VPN software has a fixed IP adress.

Does anyone have any good idees?

7 Replies 7

josuefreitas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

There is a very serious issue regarding the last RV042 firmware released (

1.3.13.02). The other VPN side just can't connect TCP ports, ping works but connecting to TCP ports doesn't.  I'll proceed the downgrade to the previous released (1.3.12.19) in a few minutes. Unfortunately I'll have reconfigure the router again because according to the RV042 upgrade firmware screen "When choosing previous firmware versions, all settings will restore back to default value".

I have backed up a pre RV042-v1.3.12.6 firmware configuration file but I'm not sure that the

1.3.12.19 will be able to import it (at least there's a little more chance to works than a 1.3.13.02 (last one) exported file) so I'll printscreen each configuration we have on it.

I tried some things, like putting the firewall down and creating specific rules to allow TCP ports connection, but nothing works. Then I decided to do the downgrade once I wonder that Cisco will not come up with a solution in quick enough (although I'll very thankfull if they did in one hour).

Regards, Josue.

Hi

I had firmware 1.3.12.19 on the RV042 already, can it be that the remote VPN only accepts connections from the old MAC address? Or should i try to upgrade?

Mattias

Hi.

I do not recomend updgrading to the last version (1.3.13.02), we had some serious issue regarding our VPN. Considering you specific question I suggest you check the Log tab (View System Log button, VPN log in the drop down menu). I solved many problems by googling error messages that the log reported.

Josue.

Hi Josue de Freitas and Mattias Eriksson,

I just received a notice that a new release was recently posted:

RV042 v2 firmware version 1.3.13.02-tm: http://bit.ly/mgBDna

Release notes are located here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9923/prod_release_notes_list.html

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

tele-crew
Level 1
Level 1

hello i have the same problem...

i must update my rv042 to the firmware 1.3.13.02, i used the protection link at the RV042..

and NOW: i cant ping my pc over the vpn !!

and now my panasonic softphone dont work !!

what can i do ?

thx

ps: with the old firmware its work perfect !

Chet Prokop
Level 1
Level 1

We have these routers at customer sites where we use multiples with site-to-stie gw VPN's. After the u/g, the abiltiy to find macines on the 'other end' was crippled. NetBios names would also not be available through the VPN links.

We use ProtectLink at some of these sites, so what are we to do?

Our customers are pissed! ... since that cant easily locate their machines accross the tunnel using 'names'

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
SMB - IT and Telecom Services
Houston, TX

Try deleting your site-to-site VPN tunnel settings/config and create new ones (at both ends).

Worked for us.  Cheers.