Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP527W Locking Up

sky_valley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently bought a Cisco SRP527W router and it has locked up three times in just over three weeks. Its been installed with the latest Firmware version, 1.01.23.

The lights on the front all look as they normally should but you cannot access the router internally and externally. Internet doesn't work and the only way to get it back is to restart the unit.

Has anyone else suffered from this?

10 Replies 10

sean.chua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Im also getting this problem, although ive only installed it for 1.5 weeks, its needed a restart once so far.

In my case, internet was working fine. I only found out when someone said they couldn't locate SSID for the wireless. I then tried to access the router via locally and remotely (which i could before), and the router was not accessible. Until after the router was restarted, then it worked normally again.

Would hope for some resolution.

Mine's with 1.01.23 (006) as well, but connected with DSL Modulation: ADSL2+ AnnexM.

Tried to log a call with Cisco and they ended up telling us to get in contact with the company we bought the unit from. So they came to collect and awaiting thier tests. Which is not great becuase I really can't see how they can test it unless they actually hook it up to an ADSL line, which I don't think they will.

So still with them, switched on somewhere.

Although the functionality of the unit is great, VLAN, wireless-N ADSL and multiple SSID's all in one, the reliability of the unit is such that I can't justify buying one for another customer. Going with a seperate ADSL router and AP instead.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late response. 

We certainly have had reports of the SRP GUI locking up.  We've also had reports of periodic ADSL throughput stopping....but never both concurrently.

Ewhen - what ADSL encapsulation option are you using? (PPPoA, EoA etc)

Many thanks

Andy

Hi,

I used PPPoA.

I tried to use the same settings as was on the previous router.

Ewhen

Ok - that's interesting.  I haven't heard any issues with PPPoA.

If you get the router back, please let me know and I can help you grab some useful diagnostic information.  Otherwise, put your partner in contact with me and I will help them collect it.

Many thanks

Andy

Will do.

I expect that I will have the router back and told there is nothing wrong with it.

Ewhen

Sure - let's see if we can find out what is happening.

Hi,

Just to let you know that my supplier has decided to credit our account so we won't be getting the unit back.

We will be getting a replacement unit from somewhere else and will be testing it in house for a number of weeks before we put it back into the customer site. So i would still like this discussion to continue in case we have further issues.

Thanks for the feedback Ewhen,

Andy

weva92051
Level 1
Level 1

nope I have never faced this before. But I wish you well