Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP547w - change default IP & create additional users

Jeff Rosenthal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Ive changed the IP address of a laptop to connect to the router with IP 192.168.15.1 but now want to change the router IP address from the defaul to another subnet, so that it is accessable with other workstations on the LAN, but I could not readily find the option to set the Ip address on the router. 

I'm signed in with user admin.

Could someone let me know the menu options to do this please?

I also wanted to add addiontal users.  The help indicates there is a User List Add Entry option but from the Administration bar, the left hand menu option shows User Management & User Privileges options.  On User Management, it is possible to change the 2 default user names, but I wanted to leve them and create new ones.

Could someone also let me know how to add new users?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

You can change the router IP Address / Subnet by changing the DHCP Server settings (Interface > LAN > DHCP Server).

There are only two user levels that may be configured on the SRP500 - as you noticed, you can change these names, but not add to the list.

Regards,

Andy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

You can change the router IP Address / Subnet by changing the DHCP Server settings (Interface > LAN > DHCP Server).

There are only two user levels that may be configured on the SRP500 - as you noticed, you can change these names, but not add to the list.

Regards,

Andy

Thanks Andrew, appreciated.