cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP547W on BT Infinity

emramsden
Level 1
Level 1

We've just purchased an SRP547W that we'd like to connect to our BT Infinity line.  Has anybody managed to do this, and if so could you tell me what the WAN configuration should be?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Edward,

From what I recall about the Infinity service:

If you have a residential service, then this has to be used with the BT provided router.

If you have a business service, then you can connect the Ethernet WAN port of the SRP547 to the Infinity service and configure it to use PPPoE.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.  We are using Business Infinity.  I've tried connecting the fibre modem to the WAN port and using PPPoE but it does not connect.  I wondered whether any of the other PPPoE settings need to be changed?  I'm also wondering what should go into the password field?  The BT router doesn't require a password and the ASUS we are using at the moment connects fine regardless of the password.

Thanks,

Edward

Hi Edward,

Looking around on the Internet, it seems that the password is supposed to be blank.  You shouldn't need any specific settings - but BT mention that they provide PPPoE settings here:

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13439/c/426,2526,2530

I assume that you don't have any other WAN interfaces connected? (You could ensure that connection failover and load balancing are both disabled if you aren't using them.)

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy,

The Cisco configuration page doesn't appear to allow the password to be blank.  Is there a way to leave the password blank?

Thanks,

Edward

I did see on one community that a single charater password would also work for routers that won't accept null passwords.

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: