cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Traffic Control (One way VPN)

rehakrd1234
Level 1
Level 1

We are an A/V integrator and AMX shop and provide our clients with support through the use of VPN tunnels from our RV042 router to their mostly RVS4000 routers.

Support is provided through access of remote site equipment using VNC, Telnet, FTP, etc. from multiple PC's at our main office.

Netbios is not turned on, but the remote sites have the ability to access equipment on our local LAN should they know our private IP address range.

Is there any way to limit the acces from the remote sites back to our LAN while maintaining our access to the equipment on their LAN?

I know that one can limt the IP address range on on end of the VPN, but I would like to limit the ability of remote sites to gain "any" access to our LAN.

Thanks, Rich

edit: If there's any way to just prevent all traffic from an IP address range on the remote site, that would also do.

1 Reply 1

Leon
Level 1
Level 1

I believe you should be able to achieve this with stateful packet inspection on the firewall. and then only allows traffic that are originated from your internal network. sorry i am not very familiar with RV042 VPN box