cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot ping PC to Server

Fangerino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am currently trying to let all the PC to ping to the server. Can someone help me configure and explain to me where i go wrong thx.

3 Replies 3

Hi Fangerino , 

Only the PC's connected in the LAN of the middle router are able to ping the server because the server is in the same subnet as the middle router so no need to add a static route  but  the other two routers don't have route to the server , add a static route for the server on both the routers and then the PC's in those LANS would also be able to ping the server 

Spooster IT Services Team

Hi Spooster IT Services,
I had configured both the routers but apparently my Floor 5th and 6th cannot ping to the server but floor 1 & 2 can

as mentioned above earlier , you need to add static routes; routes are  to and from source/destination; and every single router must have route to all networks you want to reach .  i,.e. missing route  on R1 to reach Server is

ip route 10.0.3.16 255.255.255.240 192.168.2.1

add this one and floor 6 is ok but not floor 5. in case of floor 5, return path back to PC is not there.

I think there are several routes that are not correct; also , u have RIP v1 configured; which may or may not cause issues.  if you want to use RIP, it must be version 2 and no auto summary set.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card