Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO2951-HSEC+/K9 IOS

craig southern
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am new to Cisco, so I apologize if something does not make sense. The question I have is: I've been given a CISCO2951-HSEC+/K9 router without a flash card or IOS. How do I go about getting the correct IOS for this device and how would I check what licenses are on the router? 

Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can buy Flash card (make sure you buy cisco compact flash card)

here ROMMON recovery - download the software from the URL provided above.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/7500-series-routers/15082-recovery-c7500.html#look_for_valid

Can you explain what you mean * CISCO2951-HSEC+/K9 model going to end soon*?  - After this date cisco no longer support this device, this means, cisco remove all the IOS code from the site, so you no longer able to downlaod, also no support from TAC.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No flash card - what does that mean ?

Lets start basic here - connect console cable and turn off router, what you see on the console (post complete output here)

here is the place to dowload IOS code if one not there :

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/282774230/type/280805680/release/15.5.2T1

if you lost License you need to contact cisco license team to recover (if you dont have any information)

NOTE : CISCO2951-HSEC+/K9  model going to end soon this 31st Dec  2022

BB

Thank you for getting back to me balaji!

So regarding the No flash card, at the back of the router there is CF1-CF0. There is nothing inside them. From what I have read online, CF0 should have a 256 flash card inside it. When connecting the console cable to my laptop using Tera Term the router boots to Rommon mode.

Where would the license be stored ?

Can you explain what you mean * CISCO2951-HSEC+/K9  model going to end soon*?

Craig 

You can buy Flash card (make sure you buy cisco compact flash card)

here ROMMON recovery - download the software from the URL provided above.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/7500-series-routers/15082-recovery-c7500.html#look_for_valid

Can you explain what you mean * CISCO2951-HSEC+/K9 model going to end soon*?  - After this date cisco no longer support this device, this means, cisco remove all the IOS code from the site, so you no longer able to downlaod, also no support from TAC.

BB

Thank you Balaji, I appreciate your time on this!

Do you have any links with information regarding licenses ?

Thanks

Craig

Do you have any links with information regarding licenses ?

email to license@cisco.com

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco