Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer-3 etherchannel

Hi guys,

I'm face on a very strange problem. I have actually two routers ASR 1001-X and i want to connected each other through a Etherchannel but only ports on one side are up. Here my configuration:

Router-1

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
 no ip address
 no negotiation auto
 channel-group 1 mode active

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1
 no ip address
 no negotiation auto
end

!

interface Port-channel1
 ip address 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.252
 no negotiation auto

Router-2

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
 no ip address
 no negotiation auto
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1
 no ip address
 no negotiation auto

!

interface Port-channel1
 ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.252
 no negotiation auto

I changed sfp, fiber (change tx/rx) but only on one router interface are up. Any suggestion ?

Thanks

14 Replies 14

Hi

Your config looks fine, try configuring by default the interfaces on the router with problems and try again. 

https://www.fryguy.net/2010/12/02/cisco-asr-and-lacp/

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi Julio,

Thank you for your help.

I already tried to configured by default the interfaces on the router but ports still not showing up.

Also when i tried to configure a simple P2P link (with a /30 between my 2 routers), port on my second router is still down.

I already tried with new sfp and fiber but port is always down . IOS/conf. are indentical on the two routers. Maybe a feature must be enabled ? Any suggestion ?

Hello!

Are you sure it is not a layer 1 problem? How do you see the interface down down, up down? Are you sure the port is OK? did you try using other port in the router you have the problem? 

Regards,

I think is a layer-1 problem. Interfaces are down/down and my sfps are not cisco.

Ohhh the SFP could not be compatible with Cisco devices.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

how is possible on the first router sfp is working and on the second router no ?

I already tried to pass the command "service unsupported-transceiver" but port still not move UP.

Hi

These are the SFP supported, also verify if your IOS is supported for the SFPs.

Reference:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/GE_Tx_Matrix.html#wp131775

ASR 1000 Series Router

Network Device

Transceiver Model

Minimum Software Release Required

DOM Support

Software Release

ASR1001
ASR1002
ASR1002-F
ASR1002-X
ASR 1001-X*
ASR 1002-HX**
ASR 1001-HX***

SFP-GE-T

XE 2.1

SFP-GE-S
SFP-GE-L
SFP-GE-Z
CWDM SFP
DWDM SFP
GLC-GE-100FX

XE 2.1

XE 2.1

GLC-BX-D
GLC-BX-U

XE 2.5

XE 2.5

GLC-SX-MMD
GLC-LH-SMD
GLC-ZX-SMD

XE 3.4S

XE 3.4S

GLC-EX-SMD

XE 3.5S

XE 3.5S

GLC-TE

XE 3.15.0S

XE 3.15.0S

GLC-BX40-D-I
GLC-BX40-DA-I 
GLC-BX40-U-I 
GLC-BX80-D-I 
GLC-BX80-U-I

IOS XE Denali 16.3.1

IOS XE Denali 16.3.1

Thanks again Julio for your help.

My IOS on both routers is :

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 03.12.00a.S and i use GLC-SX-MMD which is a supported version.

You are welcome, yeap, based on your IOS it should support the following SFPs, may I know the brand of your SFP?

ASR 1000 Series Router

Network Device

Transceiver Model

Minimum Software Release Required

DOM Support

Software Release

ASR1001
ASR1002
ASR1002-F
ASR1002-X
ASR 1001-X*
ASR 1002-HX**
ASR 1001-HX***

SFP-GE-T

XE 2.1

SFP-GE-S
SFP-GE-L
SFP-GE-Z
CWDM SFP
DWDM SFP
GLC-GE-100FX

XE 2.1

XE 2.1

GLC-BX-D
GLC-BX-U

XE 2.5

XE 2.5

GLC-SX-MMD
GLC-LH-SMD
GLC-ZX-SMD

XE 3.4S

XE 3.4S

GLC-EX-SMD

XE 3.5S

XE 3.5S

Actually i try with a SFP from curvature, prolabs and with a Cisco SFP but i have the same problem.

Hi

If you have contract with Cisco, a ticket should be opened with the TAC to verify the device. 

Ok Julio, Thanks again for your help.

or What model of SFP are you using?

biajani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

how can be both sides active, shouldnt it be active-passive?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card