Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

show running-config 2951

Hi

I have tried to run the # show running-config command on a C2951 but I receive the message % Invalid input detected at '^' marker and no information is output.  The command works on other Cisco switches we have in the infrastructure and running the show ?, on the C2951, I see there are no oprions for run or config.  Is there alternative command that I may need to run?

The IOS Software revision is C2951 Software (C2951-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.4(3)M7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I am no Network Admin so please be gentle with your responses ;-)

Thank you

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

you don't have the appropriate privilege level to run the 'show run' command. When you type '?' at the prompt, what is the output ?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi

Try with:

Router>ena
Router#sh run

is it showing the same error?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Unfortunately, when running en I get the message % Error in authentication.  It could be that the account I am using does not have the relevant level of access.

It  looks like you are submitting invalid credentials, could you please share a screenshot of the error message.

Thank you in advance. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi

Please see attached image for error message.

Hello,

you don't have the appropriate privilege level to run the 'show run' command. When you type '?' at the prompt, what is the output ?

Hi Georg

I think that may be the case as I failed to mention previously that the c2951 was initially setup by the team on site here but it was configured further by another team and our account may have had its privileges reduced. 

Please see image attached for review.

Thanks

Dan

Hello,

try:

username 'admin'

password 'admin'

or

username 'cisco'

password 'cisco'

If that doesn't work, you either need to contact the team and ask them for the correct credentials, or perform a password recovery as described in the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/2800-series-integrated-services-routers/112033-c2900-password-recovery-00.html

Will do.

I'll choose your previous answer as the correct one as it does seem to be a privilege/rights issue that we will need to resolve internally.

Thanks agian.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card