Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN Network Topology

wajid dabir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In my network setup i have two core switches which run on HSRP and above the core we have two MPLS router which is runs HSRP on its LAN port.

We have single interconnect VLAN for the router and core switches.From core router we have pointed static route to all my remote locations.we have configured 3 static route for individual location i.e. one route next hop is router LAN virtual IP, 2nd route next hop is primary router LAN physical IP and third route next hop is secondary router physical LAN IP.

From router the traffic is point towards the V.ip of interconnect VLAN.

We want to achieve the automatic failover with this topology, how can i achieve this ,kindly guide me to make resiliency at every point.

Regards,

Wajid

3 Replies 3

Hello.

It's not clear why do you need 3 statics, if you may have only def/ GW toward 10.60.12.1 and track WAN links to decrement HSRP priority.

Do you mean that on LAN you would like to prefere some remote siteA to be reachable via first router and siteB via anoter? If so, in this case you need to run 2 HSRP groups on WAN routers - .11 and .12: .11 - active on WAN1 and backup on WAN2; .12 - active on WAN2 and backup on WAN1.

Thanks for your reply Vasilii..

We have GW 10.60.12.1 only.

But how my HSRP will sync when we loose the WAN primary link.We don't have interconnectivity link between two router.This are provided by the service provider and they Run BGP on their WAN network.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Perhaps mHSRP.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card