cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
James Sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to bring to your attention a document I put together if the need becomes necessary to add storage to a CIVS-MSP server with an existing raid 5 configuration.  I hope you find this document useful when adding additional storage to your server with available empty drive bays.

Thank you,

Jim

Jim Sullivan

Physical Security CSE

Cisco Systems

Comments
sheraz butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear,

Can you please let me knwo how to configure

CIVS-MSP-4RU any step by step configuration its urgent please

Regards,

Sheraz

Rifnur Kamalov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! Can you help me?

Could we add 2TB HDD in the CPS-MSP with 6x1TB HDD?

Raghav-Rao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you may go ahead and added the 2TB HDD but RAID will only consider the least drive space in the drive array. so RAID will only consider 1TB of 2TB HDD.

Hope this helps.

Rifnur Kamalov
Level 1
Level 1

Raghav, glad to see you again. We have worked with my CPAM case a few months ago.

Thank you for the answer. I want to add 1TB HDD, but i have not seen them in price and configuration, only 1TB SAS HDD for UCS and 2TB SATA HDD for MSP.

Is it right?

Raghav-Rao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Rifnur, Glad to working with you again.

Here we go, Normal with CPS-MSP server you get 2 TB HDD drive these are SATA drive, this can't be used with UCS server, I'm not sure about which UCS server is been used.

but if cisco.com should give all the Price and configuration assistance.

How to Buy --> Configuration --> Estimate and Configurations --> Create Configurations. this configuration could be verified as well.

let me know, if you have any questions.

Rifnur Kamalov
Level 1
Level 1

So, Mediaserver will use 2TB or 1TB from 2TB HDD for video archive?

Raghav-Rao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1TB

Rifnur Kamalov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Raghav!

One more question please.

If i remove 6x1TB from CPS-MSP 2-RU and add 12x2 TB. Is it will be ok? Could i have RAID-5?

Which software i need to get only mediaserver? Maybe you give me the link for deploying guide?

Thanks

Raghav-Rao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sorry Rifnur, some how i missed your reply.

RAID 5 is supported 3  or more hard drives.

not sure which version is other server running on, if it's 6.3.X, you have to download the 6.3.1 recovery iso image, install and upgrade to required version.

recovery image is available at cisco.com

let me know, if you have any more questions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: