Views
Helpful
Comments
Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following issues are related to ISE demos in Cisco dCloud

http://cs.co/selling-ise-demos

Here is a list of known issues specific to each separate demo and the versions they are running

ISE Sandbox 

• No known issues specific to this demo
  • ISE 3.0 and WLC 8.x

ISE Enterprise Security

• ISE 3.0 & C9800-CL IOS-XE 16.12

ISE 2.7 Mobility Deep Dive

• ISE 2.7 &  WLC 8.5.105.0
  • this demo will continue on for TACACS device admin use case and to keep AireOS code available to showcase with ISE until summer 2020 - move to Enterprise & Security Demo which may have both AireOS and IOS-XE controllers

AP issues

Check https://cs.co/selling-ise-demos we have more details on AP setup and support articles

APs that are built into the router will not work with the following (Use an external AP compatible with WLC 8.5 code)

• URL based ACLs (used in the SAW demo).
  • Device Sensor profiling (if you're accessing the network without the endpoint opening an ISE portal (guest for example) then your device will not be able to be profiled utilizing the DHCP/HTTP probes running on the WLC.

Guest Issues

• SMS issues - 3/1/2020 - seen that Hungary number is not working with SMS this is being investigated if its ISE issue or clickatell SMS provider. 

BYOD Issues

Please see ISE BYOD endpoint issues

Hotspot requires 2 tries to connect:

When first connecting a client to the network using the hotspot or guest network (straight MAB), the device will be denied access. When you connect a second time (now the mac address is in the database) it will be successful.

General issues with Android

Android 6

Comments
jhreed
Level 4
Level 4

i've been having issues with the dCloud Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) 2.7 v1 - Instant Demo:

Unable to even login - auto-login is failing with bad password repeatedly.

Interactive Help blue bar not coming up in my Chrome browser. and yes, I have cleared the cache and cookies.

I have also tried Incognito mode.

i have tried both SJC and RTP dCloud DC's as well.

I had one day where it worked just fine but lately (last week/this week) every time I check i get either one or both of the issues above.

can somebody help me with this? I need to practice this demo and perform it for my FJ Stage 3 Validation so i need it to be consistently working, otherwise I cannot trust it nor can I finish what i need to do.

John

P.S. I just tried the RTP DC in Chrome (not Incognito mode) and I was able to login and Interactive Help is available. go figure. this is driving me nuts though.

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@jhreed please reach out to dcloud support dcloud.cisco.com open a ticket so they can get engineers assigned to work on it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: