cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSC-PCIE-ID10GC firmware update

rekoil
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UCSC-PCIE-ID10GC card with outdated firmware. I tried using the Intel version of the updater, but I'm guessing it doesn't work with the Cisco branded card I have, or at the very least it seems to require Cisco firmware in order to work.

The card is currently running firmware 1.86, there's been at least 8 public firmware releases for the Intel branded version of the card since then so I'm guessing the same is likely true for the Cisco version I have.

Where can I download the correct updater or firmware?

9 Replies 9

Hi

Probably not an usual task. But I found a cisco doc mentioning a Intel tool BootUtil 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c240-m5-rack-server/213180-configure-intel-network-cards-with-bootu.html 

That links back to Intel though, I've tried to use the Intel tool I linked above (which I'm sure is the right one for this task, assuming I didn't have a Cisco branded card) from both Windows, Linux, and directly from EFI, always with the same result "Update not available". There was a forum user at the Intel community boards which reported having to run an older version first, so I tried that (I actually tried all of them), same result; "Update not available".

Well, scratching the internet doesn´t seems to be something very usuall, I myself never did.  Maybe a TAC for Cisco UCS guys 

Yes that sounds good, bring in the Cisco UCS guys!

Any idea how to get their attention?

What model server are you running? You would need to use the host update utility to upgrade the firmware on that adapter if there is one available.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/lomug/2-0-x/3_0/b_huu_3_0_1/b_huu_2_0_13_chapter_011.html 

I've just got the card on its own, not in a Cisco server.

Did you ever figure out a solution? I also have the Cisco X710 card on its own without a cisco server and need to flash the latest firmware.... 

Nope, it's still running ancient firmware. I did solve the reason behind why I was trying to update firmware though, I wasn't getting more than about 1.3Gbit of throughput in Windows (but the card was working, got full 10Gbit throughout in Linux). A reinstall of Windows later and that issue disappeared at least, sans firmware update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: