cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
lamarsh
Level 5
Level 5

Overview

Manual deployment of new network devices is time consuming. When you must deploy hundreds or thousands of devices, automating the deployment process is the only practical approach.

This demonstration presents the Zero-Touch Provisioning Advanced Services Service Pack solution, which enables no-touch provisioning of physical and virtual network elements.This zero-touch provisioning solution was created by Cisco® Advanced Services to automate network device deployment without human intervention. This demonstration describes how to deploy a new IOS-XE Cisco Cloud Services Router (CSR) 1000v device to the network.

DHCP and TFTP are used to deploy a day-0 configuration, after which the device is on-boarded to NSO, which then deploys a day-1 configuration on the device.The Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) is an industry- leading solution for network service life-cycle management.

This demonstration uses a Linux DHCP server that utilizes option 150 to enable the network device to load its day-0 configuration from a TFTP server, and Cisco NSO to push the day-1 configuration after the network device is reachable.

Check it out here: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/demo/nso-automated-deployments-zero-touch-provisioning-v1

Scenarios

• Scenario 1: Deploy a New Device with Zero-Touch Provisioning

Requirements

RequiredOptional
  • Laptop
  • Cisco AnyConnect®

Components

• NSO 4.2.1.1 with ZTP AS Service Pack
  • DHCP
  • TFTP
  • CSR 1000v (IOS-XE)

Features

NSO
  • A single, network-wide interface to all network devices and all network applications and services.
  • Automation of service provisioning and initiation of service activation testing through Netrounds, as well as enablement of active quality monitoring.

Topology

Comments
ingab0001
Level 1
Level 1

Is this the correct location that allows me to use a zero-touch cloud based system for ATA 191?  I am trying to go to a cloud based system, enter the MAC or serial number for the ATA 191 and enter my sip provisioning server URL.  When I plug up the device, I want the device to go to the CISCO zero touch, see my MAC/serial number and re-route the device to my sip provisioning where the configuration can be downloaded into the ATA 191.

If this is the correct URL for me to use, after I click the User Agreement that I agree, it gives me this message "The content you are trying to access has either been removed or you do not have the permission required to view it."

So what do I do now.  There is no other message for re-directing or anything. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links