cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NSS4000 NSS6000 Volumes disappeared after drive replacement

jrosenbl
Beginner
Beginner

I have an NSS6000 running firmware 1.21.0 (Current). I replaced a drive in a RAID 5 Array (with 4 drives) that went bad, added the new drive to the array, and rebuilt the array. The new drive is a larger capacity (2TB versus 1TB) than the old drive. I do not have an exact replacement of the old drive. All the drives are on the approved list. The array comes up "Clean," however, the 2 volumes, VOL1 and VOL2 that were present (as well as the share), have disappeared. The volumes are not encrypted and are listed in the configuration file. I set the array back to the factory defaults, restarted, and then uploaded the configuration file which was previously saved to a flash drive. The array still comes up "clean," but the volumes are still not present. Unfortunately, I do not have a backup of the data and need to try to recover these volumes. Cisco no longer supports this product. Is there a way to force the mount of the volumes? Any suggestions?

Kindest Regards,

Joel         

1 Reply 1

markbonne
Beginner
Beginner

I have similar issue here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4118668#4118668

Did you resolve this?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: