Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco Smart CallConnector applications deliver productivity improvements by providing quick and easy access to unified communications from a desktop PC with Cisco IP phone integration. Cisco Smart CallConnector components includes:

• Cisco Smart CallConnector Operator, a console for displaying incoming call queues, searchable directories, and telephone status for main answering positions
  • Free Cisco Smart CallConnector Toolbar for click-to-dial and screen pops
  • Cisco Smart CallConnector Server and Advanced Client for presence, visual voicemail and call control, instant messaging with federation, and integration with Microsoft Outlook

Cisco Smart CallConnector Release 2.2 includes updates for all the CallConnector components including the Operator, Advanced Client, Toolbar and Server.

1. Summary of Smart CallConnector Server Updates

The 2.2 Release has updated Configuration Manager administrative utility for configuring the Cisco Smart CallConnector Server and includes enhancements/updates all of its server components. The 2.2 release contains the following major enhancements:

• Updates to Configuration Manager to support Flex licenses for the Advanced Clients in the Local License Management.
    • Support for the 2.2 release of the Smart CallConnector Advanced Client and Smart CallConnector Operator.
    • Upgrades to the Smart CallConnector Server components specifically the Presence Server, CallController and Database Servers.
    • Support for the newer UC500 images including CME 8.6
    • Support for CME 9.0 for ISRs.
    • Support for running the UCC Server on a ISR blade within the router

The Smart CallConnector Server supports UC500 and the ISRs running Cisco Communication Manager Express. Note – The term “router” in this document refers to the UC500/CME-ISR.

Updated Server Components

All the Smart CallConnector Server components have been significantly updated with enhancements and bug fixes (See 2.2 Release Notes for details).

2. Smart CallConnector Advanced Client Enhancements

Cisco Smart CallConnector Advanced client is a desktop unified communications application that integrates the user’s contact data in PC applications with the features of the Cisco Unified Communications platforms. SCC Server 2.2 is required for the Smart CallConnector Advanced Client Release 2.2. Primary enhancements and fixes are summarized below:

Support for running over VPN Connections

Release 2.2, includes by default, the option to automatically restart the Local SIP Server when the Advanced Client is run. Since the Local SIP Server can be started up with Windows, it can retain the original startup IP Address causing issues when the VPN connection is established. The option added in Preference settings “Always Restart LSS” can be used to turn off this automatic restart.

German Localization

The Advanced Client now includes German language support. The display language can be selected at installation time or changed later from the language selection options.

License Management

The License Management has been enhanced to support switching between network adapters and also to support hosted virtual PC environments. In older versions, this would consume new licenses from the server.

User Presence Status

The user presence status is set to unavailable, when the PC is shutoff without user logging off.

3. Support for Smart CallConnector Operator

Cisco Smart CallConnector Operator is an operator solution for the Cisco Unified Communication Manager Express (on UC500s). Easy to install, configure, and use, the application offers a fully customizable user interface, allowing operators to resize feature windows and place them anywhere on the screen to meet individual needs. Users can also choose to use a mouse or a customizable keyboard to access features and for deployment flexibility.

Enhancements and bug fixes include:

German localization

The Operator console now includes German language support. The display language can be selected at installation time or changed later from the language selection options.

Call Queue Displays for Parked Calls

Several issues related to display of queued calls including the display of the parked calls in Queue window has been resolved

Telephone Status Fixes

Includes updated to correct the display of telephone status.

Bug Fixes

All the bug fixes since release 2.1 have been included in this build (See 2.2 Release Notes for details).

Release 2.2 includes updated native x64-bit CallConnector Operator application for use with Outlook 2010x64. The x64-bit CallConnector Operator Client is installed using the “For Outlook x64 Only” Advanced Client installation file.

4. Smart CallConnector Toolbar Enhancements

Cisco Smart CallConnector Toolbar provides basic call control capability from toolbars in Outlook and Internet Explorer. Primary enhancements are summarized below:

Support for Toolbar in Outlook x32 in Windows x64

A new installation file has been added to install the x32 bit toolbars in a Windows x64 bit machine.

Incorporates latest CME TSP

Install files incorporate the current version of the CME TSP (TAPI driver).

Bug Fixes

All the bug fixes since release 2.1 have been included in this build.

Comments

No link for downloads?

bfoley
Level 1
Level 1

If I am currently running 2.1, is this a easy upgrade? It was a freaking nightmare when I upgraded to 2.1 and don't want to bother if I'm going to have to relicense everything and manually upgrade all workstations.

shtalukd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Thomas:

Release 2.2 has been posted to CCO. You can reach it from www.cisco.com/go/smartcallconnector and the Download  Software link.

Thanks

CallConnector Team

shtalukd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brian:

Yes -- it should be straight forward. Download the software and run the installation. The client softwar ecan be loaded to a common file folder and pushed out for automatic update form the Configuraqtion Manager.

Thanks

CallConnector Team

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Any support for SIP phones yet (Toolbar)?

Thanks

bfoley
Level 1
Level 1

The upgrade appeared to go smoothly, however now my operator consoles crash constantly making them unusable. I just now tried to completely uninstall the operator console, thinking maybe the upgrade did not work. I then did a clean install and I didn't even make it back to my desk before it crashed.

Phil Kernick
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately the Smart CallConnector Toolbar is not compatible with Windows 8 x64.  Microsoft appear to have made some changes to TAPI in Windows 8 which means that while it will install, it faults and dies.

Faulting application name: svchost.exe_TapiSrv, version: 6.2.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x50108897

Faulting module name: ccCmeTsp.tsp, version: 2.3.0.18, time stamp: 0x4bd5fb76

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000002dd6e

Faulting process ID: 0x1e84

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0423ebcf0dbc

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ccCmeTsp.tsp

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

Should this be working fine with Office 2013?

i have the ribbon part fine but not 'right click' context for contacts...

Pete Matheson
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed on Office 2013, Windows 7 x64 and I'm getting an error: The program can't start because ccSIPoid.dll is missing from your computer.

Help?

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Pete,

Please "Start a Discussion" with your question here:https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/voiceandconferencing/sbcs-uc500  This way we can track your individual issue.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

twitter: CiscoSBsupport

sallystephenson
Level 1
Level 1

Is Windows 7 Home Premium supported?

Have managed to install for one user, but had to disable Outlook add-in as it meant the user couldn't search in Outlook while they were on a call and even after the call was complete - they had to restart Outlook to rectify.

For the other user I couldn't get it installed at all - got the ccSIPoid.dll is missing error although they were using Outlook 2010. (I've seen above users with this issue on Outlook 2013).

Help!

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Sally,

Please "Start a Discussion" with your question here:https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/voiceandconferencing/sbcs-uc500 This way we can track your individual question.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: