Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Comments
gene.cumm
Community Member

When comparing, consider the FlexFabric 5700-32XGT-8XG-2QSFP+ Switch at least a 40-port switch (32 10GBase-T plus 8 SFP+) or consider the SG500XG-8F8T an 8-port switch (the number of 10GBase-T capable ports).  Comparing just the 10GBase-T capable portcount, I do see your calculation of $326 per port on the HP but I see $534 on the Cisco.  Using the portcount of all 10G-capable ports without additional accessories, I see $260 for the HP and your calculation of $267 for the Cisco.  When stacking the SG500XG-8F8T, you must sacrifice up to two SFP+ ports.

In addition, the HP has 2 QSFP+ ports which can be treated as an additional 8 10Gb ports with appropriate breakout devices as a QSFP+ to (4) SFP+ direct-attach cable or the 40GBase-SR4 QSFP+ module and an MPO fiber breakout cable.

Being a ComWare-based switch, the HP is not an SMB switch and does not have a lifetime warranty and warrants paying for an annual service contract.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: