Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Cisco RV340 Series of VPN routers and Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client

anyconnectball.pngApril 2019

The RV340 Series consists of the models: RV340, RV340W, RV345, and RV345P and they support remote access tunnel termination of the best selling and easy to use Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
This document describes the requirements on the client and server side to use SSL Tunnels with Cisco Anyconnect Client.

To use Cisco Anyconnect on the client side:

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is available on all major desktop and mobile devices (examples Windows 10, MacOS X, Android, Apple iOS ). It provides:
  • Flawless integration in host OS
  • Easy setup
  • Secure remote access from anywhere to your company
  • Ideal for road warriors
  • Easy user-based license for all devices
  • Leading remote access solution worldwide
To use the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client you are required to purchase a Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client user license.  We recommend (as of March 2019) for use with the RV340 Series:
  • For mobile devices (Android, Apple IOS) you can download mobile apps for free from the respective app stores and try it out.

On the server side:

RV340 Series supports SSL VPN connections from a mobile device using the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.

Starting firmware release 1.0.3.15 ( released April 2019 ) no extra server license will be required and 50 tunnels on the server (RV340 Series) are enabled by default.
With firmware release 1.0.2.16 and earlier you have 2 SSL tunnels on the RV340 Series by default. To use more than 2 tunnels at the same time you can increase the number of tunnels using a software license:

LS-RV-ACS-25-1YR=

This is only valid for firmware 1.0.2.16 and earlier. With the free firmware update 1.0.03.15 this license will not be required to support up to 50 tunnels.
Customers who have an active subscription of 25 tunnels will see no service interruption and will have 50 tunnels available by default after the firmware upgrade to firmware 1.0.03.x and higher. Please contact Cisco technical support if you have concerns about the upgrade.

The reason for the change is to simplify deployments and align VPN licensing.  SSL VPN will not require extra licensing on the server side anymore.

Comments
knollknows
Level 1
Level 1

Firmware version 1.0.02.16 is the current version listed on the Cisco site.  Is there a release date for the new firmware version 1.0.3x ? 

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, no exact date yet as testing is ongoing but firmware version 1.0.03.x will be released in the coming weeks. This post will be updated at release date.

ontek@ontek.net
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Is there a release date for the update? We need to install an RV340 and we can no longer buy the server licenses, but the new firmware is not yet available.

Thanks!
Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, we are planning to post the firmware mid April. We are finishing testing. You can still use 2 tunnels without the license or use the 90 day free trial on all new RV340.

Thx for your patience

/Jo

Hi,

Any updates on the new firmware?  My AnyConnectVPN licenses are expiring in 13 days, I cannot longer get this license from my provider.  Once this expires I will be limited only to 2 connections if I stay on the current firmware.

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,
The new firmware is scheduled to be released before April 25th.
Best
Jo
ϾiscoԱser
Level 1
Level 1

Is this firmware release still on track?

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi, yes, we plan to release the firmware before April 25th, still on track.
Jo

Any news? Today is April 24th.

alphaod
Level 1
Level 1

There is a banner that says the new update is available, but I do not see it so I assume the banner was published early?

Michael777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

our licences have expired and we cannot use the new package L-AC-PLS-LIC= Qty=25 Duration=12 that we recently purchased. Since today all our 15 remote users can't work. This is probably nothing for Cisco, but for us in small business this is critical.

I submitted a request to support but they look to be not familiar with the issue at all... even after I sent them a link tot this topic. I would even say not familiar with the router model. First thing they asked me to provide them with an output of a console command... on RV340!!! 

If you can't fix the issue please give the users temporary licences. If we are from small business it doesn't mean that we deserve to be treated the way Cisco does.

I am in the same boat, my licenses expired and the SKU is no longer available to purchase.  Still no new firmware.

Any Update on this??

knollknows
Level 1
Level 1

@Jo Kern   Hello.  May you please provide an update on the anticipated release date for the new firmware? On 4/15 you mentioned "plan to release the firmware before April 25th, still on track."  With today being 4/25 and some of the users of this product running into PRODUCTION impact with the license issue, perhaps an expected time frame can be communicated.  

I would like to emphasize that the user base is quite large for this product and the lack of communication does "turnoff" network engineers who are not receiving support and/or communication. I know there is a bias that Enterprise "paid support" gets premium care, but as a Small Business, I would argue that users of the Small Business products are  equally important. 

Finally, They released the updated firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: