cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Comments
Scott Martin
Level 1
Level 1

We have found even when following the OOB guide, in UC520 environments which were based on the original factory config, the only way to get CCA2.2 to work properly is to reload the new factory defaults and start again.  For 48+ user sites this can be a real nightmare, and very time consuming.  We have had to abandon CCA altogether in favour of full CLI in these environments until such time as we can rebuild them from scratch.

There appears to be some missing areas on the OOB guides, as even when following to the letter, CCA still does not work correctly in these legacy environments.  I have also been advised that Cisco does not provide support to 'normalise' configuration to work with CCA, so we are on our own.

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you open a case and collect some logs and running configs, we can help figure out whats wrong and how to work around it, perhaps?

Steve

Scott Martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steve,

I have already been advised these environments are now 'unsupported' (in CCA sense - CLI support is still provided by TAC) as we had to use CLI to get basic config working back in the days of CCA 1.x where a lot of the functionality was non-existant.  In CCA 2.0 we used to get null pointer exceptions, now it loads telephony configuration and gets to 98%, then flips back to 95%, 96% and seems to continue in a loop for as long as you don't kill the CCA task. There are three environments I can think of which exhibit the same issues.

Regards,

Scott

josh.fontenot
Level 1
Level 1

All of the links are dead.  Can someone fix this?

mattburke
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to access the links for out-of-band configuration guidelines.  None of the ones on this page work.  Can they be found elsewhere?

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Good Evening Josh,

The OOB guidelines were pulled due to the CCA support only for the UC540/560 product line.  You can contact the SBSC 866-606-1866 for CLI help if you have UC500 select certifications and are able to handle CLI.  The box is all the way CCA 3.0 or CLI, no hybrid support is available at this time.

finalconnect
Level 3
Level 3

What about for the UC520? I know Cisco is trying to kill it off as quickly as possible, but it is still under support. It was also originally designed by Cisco to be CCA compatible. Therefore, I would expect these guides to still be available for the UC520. Please advise.

Scott Martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We are now at CCA3.1 - how about updating these guides?

Scott

Durgesh Pusekar
Community Member

Please update the links

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: