Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover in SG300 and SG350 Switches.

Hi.

We have two location A & B, In SG300 we have 02 point to point Wireless link i.e.Ubiquiti & Cambium connected on Ge-23 & 24.
In SG350 we have 02 Point to point wireless link i.e. ubiquiti & cambium Ge-21 & 22.

In Ubiquiti we have traffic of CCTV and in cambium we have traffic of data network.

we have to configure in failover mode if ubiquiti link goes down all cctv traffic should go from cambium i.e. Ge24 on A Location
and have to perform same if cambium goes down.

any idea to achieve this.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IP SLA is not supported these models to monitor the link here.

how about port bundling  here ? if the Wireless is Layer 2 Bridge ?

Other option plan with ip route metric ( i am not a great fan of this, but no other options left  here)

Other suggestion, if have any other out of device to monitor, then you can make a script to Monitor this for you. (not best)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the response

port bundling is not supported over wireless point to point, Wireless does not allow to pass LACP Packets over wireless.

for Route Ip route metric we can try it for once.

further in route metric will it be possible to work as a failover e.g Wireless P2P Link connected Port 24 Goes down traffic to route from Port 25 secondary connected P2P Link.

This is need to be tested - add 2 ip static route with different metric

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X