Unifi replacement

MikeyS
Level 1
Level 1
8 Replies 8

MikeyS
Level 1
Level 1

Looking at replacing a Unifi stack with Cisco CBS and SBW setup.  At present the Unifi APs are all hardwired into various ports switch connectivity.  If I purchase say 3 Cisco 150AX and they're placed accordingly, I assume it'll provide seemless wireless to the various clients re roaming and coverage etc?

Is there an outdoor CBW option?

I'm looking at use Cisco CBD with CBS350-24P-4G as core switch, and then another two CBS 350 switches (16 port and poss 12 port).

Will I be able to get the same Unifi style setup, but without the poor RMA support etc?

I'm UK based.

this may work or may not work, since we do know your site condition, so better do site survey and place the AP accordingly

check the features and compare what you have exiting and Cisco model can able to support same.

high level as per the information it should work - as I mentioned depends on how you placing the AP.

if you opted for the support of cisco - RMA should work as expected. (check the product to product support contract)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

MikeyS
Level 1
Level 1

I appreciate re the heatmap detail, but in princial the APs will function correctly with with SSID etc.  It's the wired backhaul and not wanting to wireless mesh between the units that is of interest.

It won't be happening until 2023 judging by the avaliabilty of CBS 350 switches in the UK

by the time CBS is delivered to you will be EOL. but you have support for hardware until 27

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/350-series-managed-switches/350-series-managed-switches-select-models-eol.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

KJK99
Level 1
Level 1

That link points to info about replacement of some SF and SG switches, not CBS. Actually, CBS switches are suggested replacements for those being EOL. 

Kris K

Yes I made that mistake too.

indeed re lead times, tell me about it

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You're better off with a Meraki AP. 

Rather not get into Meraki subscription model.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: