cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSP Collector Account Lockout

Brett Walters
Level 1
Level 1

Both our Admin and Root accounts stay locked out no matter what we do or how long we wait. It has been two weeks with trying to log in and it still says both are locked out.  I've tried shutting the virtual appliance off, waiting and restarting...still locked.  How can this be? I can get into the GUI just fine, but not into the CLI to perform the 2.7.4 upgrade (from 2.7) because of this.  No one else is trying to log in.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can log in with collectorlogin - but without the root password, is pointless.  It can't reset anything itself. And trying a password every 30 minutes makes it a long process of elimination.  So I will either rebuild from scratch, or never upgrade. Ugh.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello Brett,

After an account has been locked, it will allow 1 new attempt after 30 minute wait period. If you are still seeing the account locked after 30 minutes with the new attempts, it could indicate that the passwords are no longer valid. Please note that direct ROOT ssh is disabled by default and we recommend using "collectorlogin" for access.

Thank you,

Jarrett

The admin account lockout has existed for weeks.  And increments by one each time I try, so it's not like something else is trying in the interim.  Root was enabled on this instance originally, and does the same as Admin.  I will try the collectorlogin, but I am not sure we even know that password.  Frustrating.  And then the GUI/CLI user passwords are different...

Can log in with collectorlogin - but without the root password, is pointless.  It can't reset anything itself. And trying a password every 30 minutes makes it a long process of elimination.  So I will either rebuild from scratch, or never upgrade. Ugh.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: