Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC upgrade issue

pavan.kaparthi1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I installed CSPC version 2.10.1 late last year and installed patch 2.10.0.5 (as .5 was the latest at that time). I'm trying to install the latest patch .7 now. First, tried via appliance GUI which is showing .6 as the latest, and tried with no success. When I clicked on 'Upgrade Now', nothing happened, the status didn't change (Tried on Chrome, Firefox & IE as well). I tried to ssh to the appliance using the 'admin' account, but it came up as 'access denied' (not connection refused). This means, the SSH was enabled, but seems the admin account was not allowed. I was able to ssh tho when I installed the .5 patch. I tried via admin shell, using the 'admin' account and came up with 'incorrect login'. At the time of initial deployment, I followed the 'CSPC quick start guide 2.10' and the guide doesn't ask to enable either the 'collector-login' account or the 'root' account', so I haven't enabled any of those accounts during the setup. Wondering, is there any way to allow 'admin' to SSH to the appliance? Or any other way to login to CLI. Are you able to advise on this, please?

4 Replies 4

tsayyed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This post has been acknowledged by us.

You need to reset your admin, collectorlogin, & root password first from CLI, then we can proceed with CSPC upgradation via root shell.

Kindly share your availability for a WebEx meeting over a private message(PM).

Kind Regards,

Tahereem Sayyed

TeamIBOS70148
Level 1
Level 1

Wait, you can change the admin password in CLI?  I've always been told that was impossible.  

itteam16sgs
Level 1
Level 1

Having the same issue.

Can log onto web GUI with admin account.

Cannot log onto CLI with admin account account.

Collector-login and root never enabled at time of initial install.

The first poster told you that he can't get onto the CLI.  So why would you state that they need to first login to CLI to change passwords in order to proceed with upgrade?

The documentation I've read makes it sound like we are going to need to rebuild server from scratch, which will be irritating to say the least.

Please advise.

Hi itteam16sgs,

We would help you to reset the cli admin password. Please share your email id in private message so that we can connect over WebEx.

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Chauhan