Views
Helpful
Replies

IP address blocked due to malicious activity

Kanes Ramasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I need assistance as I am having issue accessing the CSPC (v2.7) portal via GUI. 

The error I am getting is as following:

Your IP Address has been temporarily blocked as we are detecting malicious activity. Please try later.

Please also note that my root account is locked out at the moment and I am unable to login via CLI to the root account. 

5 Replies 5

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello Kanes,
The message is displayed when too many incorrect password and/or Captcha inputs have been used to attempt to login to the CSPC GUI. You may need to try using the "Password Reset" questions to try and create a new password for the GUI. From the "admin" CLI username, you can issue the command "pwdreset root 90" to generate a new password for the root username as well.
Thank you,
Jarrett

@Jarrett Pomeroy wrote:
Hello Kanes,
The message is displayed when too many incorrect password and/or Captcha inputs have been used to attempt to login to the CSPC GUI. You may need to try using the "Password Reset" questions to try and create a new password for the GUI. From the "admin" CLI username, you can issue the command "pwdreset root 90" to generate a new password for the root username as well.
Thank you,
Jarrett

Hi Mate,

Good Day. 

It still does not allow me to login. 

Regards,

Kanes.R

To clarify, are you unable to access the CLI or the WebUI of the CSPC? If CLI, please find my instructions further down in this thread.

Aloha All

I too have this issue along with an error @ the CLI says 

Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Account locked due to 247 failed logins
Password:
Access denied
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Account locked due to 248 failed logins

Any way to reset this ?

If you have CLI access to 'collectorlogin' and 'root' accounts I would suggest resetting the admin CLI password, allocating 30 minutes, then attempting to log in again.

If that still fails due to the account lock you may also attempt the following command (as root):

#pam_tally2 -u admin -r
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: