Views
Helpful
Replies

Smarnet cisco number instance

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good afternoon

I bought equipment with an unauthorized reseller by Cisco, now I want to buy the smartnet for these devices but Cisco is asking me for the "number instance".

The equipment shows me two "number instance", how can I identify which is the "number instance"  or the "right equipment" for licensing? Since it shows me the same serial number in the two "number instance"

2 Replies 2

madhushr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Could you please PM (Private Message) the device serial Number to check further? You can even reach out to your accounts team for the details.

Regards,

Madhusha R

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @renteriamma 

For this it is highly recommended to contact a Cisco agent. If you don't have one you can start the process online and then add the computer you want. To do this you must start by requesting a "Smart Account" It is important to consider that you will be asked to have a Cisco account, if no full accounts can be created at www.cisco.com

In this guide are all the steps to comment and then add the equipment, once registered you will be given steps and indicate the numbers you need to register and you will also be given more direct support https://community.cisco.com/t5/smart-licensing-enterprise/request-a-smart-account-for-customers/ta-p/3636515?attachment-id=175330

I hope the information will help.