Views
Helpful
Replies

SNTC Reports have the wrong City\State listed

slamar001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a curious issue I am dealing with when it comes to my SNTC reports. Certain pieces of gear are being listed as being in the wrong City\State. I have verified on the gear that is showing the odd cities that their SNMP server location is set correctly yet SNTC has different data.

Two questions with this:

1. How does SNTC populate the City\State? My assumption is that is based on the snmp-server location in my config.

2. How can I update my reports to reflect the correct city\state. 

For me personally this is not a big deal. For my employer it is in term of budgeting, asset management, etc.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey slamar001,

Chris Camplejohn, is correct in that the device location (City/State) is pulled from the contract level.  This info is associated with the "Installed-At-Site Details" of the contract.  

To update this, there must be a change made at the contract level.  Is there an Account Manager or team that can map this for you?

Thanks,

Justin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Someone else will respond and confirm, but I'm pretty sure the city/state comes from the contract "installed at" data and not from SNMP sysLocation.

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey slamar001,

Chris Camplejohn, is correct in that the device location (City/State) is pulled from the contract level.  This info is associated with the "Installed-At-Site Details" of the contract.  

To update this, there must be a change made at the contract level.  Is there an Account Manager or team that can map this for you?

Thanks,

Justin

Awesome. Thank you for the information. I will have my management team work with our account manager on this matter.

Thanks,

Stephen