Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to upgrade using Admin Shell

bbienaimee44
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am running into problems in upgrading to software version 2.7.4 via Admin Shell. I am able to login with the collectorlogin user ID, and switch to root using the su - command, but when I enter "download sp-30.0.4-0-0-lnx64" I get the message:

-bash: download: command not found

I did some research and I read an article that my path file may need to be added before entering this command and in order to locate the file path to enter the "echo $PATH" command. 

After entering the command I get the following: 

/usr/xpg4/bin:/usr/xpg4/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/s bin:/bin:/opt/vmware/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/cisco /ss/adminshell/applications/CSPC/cli/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/loca l/bin:/opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/applications/CSPC/cli/bin:/root/bin

At this point I am clueless as to how I can proceed. Any help/guidance would be great!

Thanks,

Bobby

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brawall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bobby,

LCM upgrade commands need to be run from the admin shell instead of bash. Please try logging in with your CLI admin credentials instead of collectorlogin and then issuing the download command.

You could also get to the admin shell by issuing #su admin while logged in as the root user.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

brawall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bobby,

LCM upgrade commands need to be run from the admin shell instead of bash. Please try logging in with your CLI admin credentials instead of collectorlogin and then issuing the download command.

You could also get to the admin shell by issuing #su admin while logged in as the root user.

Thank you,