Views
Helpful
Replies

Upload failing since November '17

Sandy Breeze
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our weekly upload job seems to have last worked on November 6th 2017.  The alerts on the collector show:

Medium Event Upload failed at 04/28/2018 10 20 48 GMT with the response.  The tail-end gateway is not registered yet.  _Collect_everything_CPExport_1524910615700 447 1

Collector uploads were working fine for over a year before they stopped (eg, back to November '16).  Date and time on the collector is in sync.

Collector Appliance ID: CSP0009022099

I noticed the collector no longer appears in 'All Collectors', so I generated a new CSP-C entitlement, but uploading this in the collectors 'Server Properties' gives me the error:

'The specified registration certificate file does not contain a valid registration certificate.'

Please can you tell me how I can resolve this?

Thanks

Sandy

10 Replies 10

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you please let me know what version of CSPC you're currently on?   Was it upgrading during Nov time frame?

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi Jarret,

CSPC version 2.7.3.1

Sandy

Hello Sandy,

Can you please try upgrading to the latest CSPC 2.7.4 release and see if it helps to resolve your issues?

Thank you,

Jarrett

I’ve recently tried, and the CCO account I use to pull the upgrades (sandybreeze) is associated with the partner I work for, but has been unable to pull the 2.7.4 update. I’m still trying to resolve that with entitlement because it appears they’ve taken something away for no apparent reason…

Sandy

Hi Jarrett,

Is there any further troubleshooting you could offer other than upgrade?  Or possibly check whats gone wrong with our account and why we can no longer get updates?

Thanks

Sandy

Hello Sandy,
I believe the issue you are having is due to this bug https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvh60290 which was part of our 2.7.4 fixes.

Regarding the CCO ID issue, can you please show me an example or screenshot on what you are seeing?
Thank you,
Jarrett

Hi Jarrett,

Seems I was caught out, as many others were, by the 2.7.4 download being 'stuck'.  I deleted all the files in /opt/LCM/tmp and /opt/LCM/tmp/downloads and went for the manual install to 2.7.4 as per: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Manual-Upgrade-Guide.pdf

I'll let you know how the next upload run goes.

Thanks

Sandy

Hello Sandy,

Thank you for the update! Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi,

Confirmed, the upload worked when at 2.7.4

Incidentally, to help someone else who may be struggling with a manual upgrade from 2.7.3.1 to 2.7.4 you might get see an error thrown when trying to upgrade the SP.  eg:

[root@sntc info]# /opt/LCM/tmp/install.sh SP /opt/LCM/tmp/sp-30.0.4-0-0-lnx64.zip

Appliance will auto reboot once the patch installation is completed. Press [y/Y] to proceed for installation, any other key to exit :y

Installing SP patch...
Patch installation in-progress, system will auto reboot once the patch installation is completed.
Kindly refer the logs in /opt/LCM/logs/ directory for more information.
[root@sntc info]# no such table: UPDATES
while executing
"db eval "UPDATE UPDATES SET PACKAGE_STATUS='Apply-in-progress', APPLY_START='$start_timestamp', APPLY_END='' WHERE PACKAGE_TYPE='$sw_type' AND CURRENT..."
invoked from within
"if {$output != ""} {
set env(QUERY) "UPDATE UPDATES SET PACKAGE_STATUS='Apply-in-progress', APPLY_START='$start_timestamp', APPLY_END='' WHERE PACKAG..."
(file "/opt/LCM/bin/lcmagent-apply.tcl" line 1047)

Looking at updates.db we see there is no updates table, but the file exists.  In lcmagent-apply.tcl there is some code to make the updates table if the file doesnt exist.  But even if you delete / rename the updates file, lcmagent-apply.tcl doesnt create the table, but still creates the db file.  Heres how I fixed it

[root@sntc info]# cd /opt/LCM/info
[root@sntc info]# sqlite3
SQLite version 3.6.20
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite>
sqlite> attach "updates.db" as db1;
sqlite> .databases
seq  name             file
---  ---------------  ----------------------------------------------------------
0    main
2    db1              /opt/LCM/info/updates.db

sqlite> SELECT * FROM db1.sqlite_master WHERE type='table';
sqlite> 
sqlite> CREATE TABLE db1.UPDATES (PACKAGE_TYPE TEXT NOT NULL, MESSAGE_ID TEXT, MESSAGE_RESPONSE TEXT, CURRENT_VERSION TEXT NOT NULL, AVAILABLE_VERSION TEXT, PACKAGE_LOCATION TEXT, PACKAGE_STATUS TEXT, DOWNLOAD_PERCENTAGE TEXT, PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION TEXT, PACKAGE_SIZE INTEGER, DOWNLOAD_START TEXT, DOWNLOAD_END TEXT, APPLY_START TEXT, APPLY_END TEXT, APPLY_DETAILS TEXT, PRIMARY KEY (PACKAGE_TYPE, CURRENT_VERSION, AVAILABLE_VERSION));
sqlite>
sqlite> SELECT * FROM db1.sqlite_master WHERE type='table';
table|UPDATES|UPDATES|2|CREATE TABLE UPDATES (PACKAGE_TYPE TEXT NOT NULL, MESSAGE_ID TEXT, MESSAGE_RESPONSE TEXT, CURRENT_VERSION TEXT NOT NULL, AVAILABLE_VERSION TEXT, PACKAGE_LOCATION TEXT, PACKAGE_STATUS TEXT, DOWNLOAD_PERCENTAGE TEXT, PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION TEXT, PACKAGE_SIZE INTEGER, DOWNLOAD_START TEXT, DOWNLOAD_END TEXT, APPLY_START TEXT, APPLY_END TEXT, APPLY_DETAILS TEXT, PRIMARY KEY (PACKAGE_TYPE, CURRENT_VERSION, AVAILABLE_VERSION))
sqlite>

then exit sqlite and try your SP install again...

Fixed it for me anyway.

Sandy

Hello Sandy,

I really appreciate your feedback and letting us know it's now working. Also I will make sure to provide your issue and workaround steps for the updates.db table to our development team to investigate.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: