Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upgrade CSPC from current version 2.9.1 to 2.10.0.2

secure24inc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Team,

We are using CSPC tool with current version 2.9.1. While checking in the software upgrades tab, we are seeing that the next available version is 2.9.1.4, and I have seen that End of Support for all the  2.9.1 versions, so we want to upgrade it to 2.10.0.2 version. We need assistance in how to upgrade from 2.9.1 to 2.10.0.2 . And also do we need any downtime while upgrading this, if yes, how much downtime is required?

PFA

Thanks & Regards,

Gautam Venna

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gautam,

you can follow the steps mentioned in the migration guide to migrate the data onto the new collector.

CSPC_2.10_Migration_Guide.pdf

Regards,

Shivam Pandey

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

shipand2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gautam,

I hope you are doing good.

You will need to deploy a new cspc ova of version 2.10.0.1 and then you can migrate the data from 2.9.1 to 2.10.0.1 cspc.  Later you can upgrade to 2.10.0.2 by applying the patch.

Below are links for your reference. If you need any further assistance from my end you can reach out to us anytime.

Hello Shivam,

Greetings for the day !!!

Thank you for the response . As per your suggestion, we have build the new VM for CSPC 2.10 version and finished installation. Now we are seeing the options to register the device as shown in the attached snapshot. Could you please suggest us how to proceed ?

Thanks & Regards,

Gautam Venna

Hi Gautam,

Could you please follow the steps provided below and generate a new CSPC entitlement again :
1) Log into your SNTC portal.
2) Go to Library -> All Collectors -> Actions -> Generate new CSP-C entitlement.
3) Provide cspc entitlement name & inventory name.
4) Click on Submit.

You will receive zip file of the CSPC entitlement in your required mail box. Please don't unzip the file

Then you can follow the steps from page 12 of cspc quick start guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Quick-Start-Guide.pdf

Regards,

Shivam Pandey

Hello Shivam,

I was successfully able to upgrade the new CSPC version to 2.10.0.3. So my only query is that is there a way where we can import the devices from the older version and add those devices in the latest version? Because we almost have 80 devices in the older version which are needed to be migrated . I tried adding the devices manually 1-by-1, but some devices are not discoverable in the latest version.

Please find the attachment for more clarity.

Thanks & Regards,

Gautam Venna

Hi Gautam,

you can follow the steps mentioned in the migration guide to migrate the data onto the new collector.

CSPC_2.10_Migration_Guide.pdf

Regards,

Shivam Pandey