Views
Helpful
Replies

9800 CL VMware deployment

HAT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have deployed 2 VMs each  hosting a 9800 CL wireless controller (VMware ). As per  the Cisco guide I have used the provided  OVA file for VM deployment and  applied the below settings via VMware V-Center  ( Version 8 ) . 

- Interface Gi1 ( Out of Band ), Vlan 49 , promiscuous mode and forged transmits set to Accept

- Interface Gi2 ( Wireless Management ) , Vlan 4095 , trunk , promiscuous mode and forged transmits set to Accept

- Interface Gi3 ( HA ) , vlan 97 , promiscuous mode and forged transmits set to Accept

- VM Specs ( 3 x Virtual NICs , 4 virtual CPUs , RAM : 8 GB ,  Storage : 16 GB )

Also created separate port groups for each of the interfaces  to prevent potential loops 

Once the VMs had  been built  with the interfaces and routing config successfully  applied , I have leveraged DNAC to discover 

the controllers , formed the HA pair and successfully provisioned the WLC. APs were successfully discovered  as expected 

. However couple of days later I lost connectivity to the controller via its management interface . The logs on the VMware side

were suggesting that I had ran  out of space . I then restored the VMs snapshots and rebuilt the controllers as I did before ,

although it initially worked fine , I once again lost access for the same apparent  reason ( disk space ) .

Any assistance on the root cause would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks 

0 Replies 0