Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN vEdge cloud control connection will not coming up

mannycho
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have three sites with vEdge cloud installed and two kind of transport; internet and MPLS. I configured the internet transport on all vedge clous devices and the control status were Up in vManage. When i configure the MPLS transport on all vEdge cloud devices, control status for all 3 devices go into Partial status. Checking connection history on the vEdge devices and i have DTLS connection Failure. Below is the output, how can i fix this issue

6 Replies 6

bofele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Your MPLS does not have connectivity in cloud controllers, right? Enable it or configure interfaces to work without control connections.

Hello,

The controllers are on premise and I ping the MPLS interfaces on the vedge cloud devices from all controllers.

Seems you have connectivity. Is there a firewall in front of controllers? Connections are initiated from edges, they must be allowed.

Regards

Hello, no firewall between controllers and edge wan devices. Thank you

Are dns servers reachable via MPLS?

I am not using FQDN but IP address for communication between the controllers and vedge. I am not sure how DNS comes into play why DTLS is failing between vbond and the MPLS interface. I am confirming again that these vedge routers have their control status Up when only the internet interfaces are configured. As soon as I bring up the MPLS interfaces the control status goes into Partial