cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDAccess address planning for underlay, onboarding, loopbacks, etc.

nicov84
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

The company I work for uses SDAccess and I am trying to figure out how it has been setup, since I inherited the management of the whole infra.

The deployment consists of several fabrics controlled by a single DNAC. The fabrics are connected by "IP Transits" in SDA parlance. Cisco ASAs are used in each fabric (or branch) as fusion routers, with IPsec tunnels connecting to the main HQ where dnac resides.

I cannot get my head around the criteria used to assign the prefixes. I see for example an "onboarding" vlan assigned in each branch. Then there's the loopback0, with its own address. Then again the underlay, with yet another prefix.

I see a lot of dense documentation is available on the Cisco website, yet I cannot seem to find a document that guides the user through proper address planning for such a distributed setup.

Could you please point me to such document? Thanks!

1 Reply 1

sandjose
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please read through the following:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/cisco-sda-design-guide.html#SDAccessDesignConsiderations

Look at the LAN Design Principles, I believe it would answer your doubts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: