Views
Helpful
Replies

Assistance Needed with Forgot Password Issue for Switch Management

tedmalonet62344
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Community,

I am seeking your assistance and guidance regarding a password-related issue I am facing with my switch management. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the password and, as a result, I am unable to log in to the switch management interface. I have exhausted my usual methods of recovery and am reaching out to the Cisco community in the hope of finding a solution or alternative approach to regain access.

Here's a summary of the problem I am encountering:

Forgot Password: I am unable to log in to the switch management interface due to a forgotten password. I have attempted various password recovery methods without success.

Network Management: The password for the network management tool, in this case, SNA (Systems Network Architecture), has also been forgotten. This adds to the challenge of accessing the switch management.

CLI Connection Refused: When attempting to establish a Command-Line Interface (CLI) connection, I am met with a "connection refused" error, which prevents me from using this method to recover or reset the password.
Given the circumstances, I am seeking any alternative methods or suggestions that can help me regain access to the switch management. If anyone from the Cisco community has encountered a similar situation or has expertise in password recovery for switch management, I would greatly appreciate your insights and advice.

Please share any possible solutions, alternative approaches, or steps that could assist me in resolving this issue. Any guidance, specific commands, or recommended resources would be of tremendous help in restoring access to the switch management.

I understand the importance of network security and respect the protocols in place. My intention is solely to regain access to my switch management interface. I am grateful for any assistance you can provide in overcoming this challenge.

Thank you for your time, support, and valuable contributions.
Best regards,
tedmalonet62344

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What is the switch model ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X