Views
Helpful
Replies

ESW 540 switch issue

erichilferding
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a ESW 540 48 port gigiabit switch.  We have had it a year and a half.  In the past year it has experienced this cycle of problems:

After a reset, within a week the fans are on full blast. Within less than a month the webgui is gone - not accessable. the switch will still switch, but to do anything to it means it has to be reset completely.

I cannot figure out how to call Cisco support for this, it has a 5 yr warranty which we are well within. I am ok with the hardware replacement but cannot figure out how to arraign that.  the Support for cisco is not they type of support structure i am used to, in some cases it talks about contracts but then I cannot find prices or even how it works.

any advice? am i just looking in the wrong places for support or does cisco operate on a diffent model than other tech companies (like Apple or HP) i just am wondering if i should adjust my expectations to less?

yes i am a bit frustrated, i went out on a limb with going to Cisco for the 'best' and our other switch a 520 is also having problems  

our old netgear switches worked great for about 5 years until i felt we need to improve them.

please help a clueless IT guy out

1 Reply 1

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Eric,  I am sorry to read that you are having difficulties with the ESW 540. Please go to this area we have for the ESW 500 switches: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbproductwarranty/proswitchsupport  This area has links to the phone numbers to the small business support center in your area as well as a link to do an online chat with an engineer.  Regards, Cindy Toy Cisco Small Business Community Manager for Cisco Small Business Products www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!