cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

firmware update from 1.3.5.58 to 1.4.0.88 makes people unable to log in, why??

tommls
Level 1
Level 1

We have several Small Business 300 Series Managed Switches, the 10/100 ones with PoE, the first generation ones.

I upgraded a switch from 1.3.5.58 to 1.4.0.88 firmware, then people were unable to log in, it is as though the switch stopped working...??

Can anyone suggest why this happens??

Thank you, Tom

3 Replies 3

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Tomas Lyczko,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.  I have never experienced this issue with upgrading to 1.4.0.88 so first thing, if it felt like it, is to log in via console to see what the boot up sequence is like.  Is it continuously rebooting or freezing up?

If I choose not to look at that I would do a reboot initially to see if it will boot up correctly.

If that does not work I would do a factory default and manually reconfigure the switch.

If this doesn't fix it please contact Cisco Support  at 1-866-606-1866, if in North America.  If not here is the link to the support numbers:  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html.

Hope this helps,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.

Thank you for the support link.

Unfortunately you misunderstood the problem because I did not explain it well enough.

It has nothing to do with booting or logging into the switch.

People can not log into computers that are connected to the switch per se.

That is, when they sit down to a computer, they can not log into the computer they are sitting with.

Thank you, Tom

Hello Thomas Lyczko,

So the users you are talking about they are unable to authenticate through a domain, radius authentication, 802.1x, or just the basic log in settings on the PCs?

Here is a few things to try in the mean time.

What mode is the SF300 switch in Layer 2 or Layer 3 (L2, L3)?

Can the switch still ping the Domain server (if you are using one)?

Though you may have tried this by now but have you performed a power cycle?  If so do a back up of the configuration then factory default the 300 and manually reconfigure it.  

Regards,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X