cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent latency on CBS350

bblack67
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a CBS350 switch I have 3 VLAN setup and they are trunked and have no problem talking to each other.  When I add a pc to it and ping it from SSH, intermittently between 10 -15 pings I get a 4-20MS latency time.  The PC is the ONLY thing on the switch and it is not on the network.  Is this a defective switch?

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what firmware it running, if possible upgrade to the latest firmware, reset to factory and recreate the test and let us know.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the quick response.  Upon opening the box I immediately upgraded it to 3.2.0.84.  After that, I have factory reset a few times due to some general testing of some configs we wanted to try.  As of now I have it setup and it works PERFECT as far as trunking, 3 VLAN talking to each other and DHCP distribution, but the latency in the ping has me COMPLETELY confused as nothing else is on the switch except the one PC.

Thanks again!!

i would try adding another device and test it...so we are sure the outcome same as PC.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Unfortunately I have.  To test my config i added a few unmanaged and managed L2 switches just to test to make sure my config worked with our current environment (we're a small company) and pinging through those switches, the IP on the managed L2 switch as well as a laptop attached to those L2 switches produced the same latency.  Fortunately it wasn't increased latency but the same type of latency I was receiving with just the PC attached to it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X