Replies

Lab

Ranamohit54
Level 1
Level 1

IMG-20221015-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20221015-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20221018-WA0048.jpeg

 i have configured  everything  as per the lab instructions  but not able to ping ..can anyone please try this lab and pass the results to me.so atleast i know where i am doing wrong.

Thank you in advance 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Ranamohit54,

R4 Connectivity
Ensure that R4 can Ping R3 loopback interface 0 (172.16.3.3/24)

R4 - R3 Ping fail
R4 Missing Static Route (Default)
S1 VLAN112 not configured
R4 & R1 Missing Sub-interface (VLAN112)

After corrections made...R4 - R3 Pings successful

Note: I changed the look of your topology and deleted the interface notes that you added. I keep scrolling up and down while working on it. These modifications only change the look of the topology. You can easily change it back to the way you had if required.

Attached: Revised file

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to mark helpful posts and mark the correct answer as a solution; It helps other users with similar questions.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Ranamohit54,

Please send the zipped Packet Tracer Lab file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to mark helpful posts and mark the correct answer as a solution; It helps other users with similar questions.

@NetworkDave 

Thank you so much replying .could you please have a look at the attached file .

Ranamohit54
Level 1
Level 1

@NetworkDave  Hey. If you do test this lab and if successful could you please share it with me. I just want to know which command or commands i have missed or what logic was missing there when i am doing it. I am still at learning stage 

once again much appreciated 

@Ranamohit54,

R4 Connectivity
Ensure that R4 can Ping R3 loopback interface 0 (172.16.3.3/24)

R4 - R3 Ping fail
R4 Missing Static Route (Default)
S1 VLAN112 not configured
R4 & R1 Missing Sub-interface (VLAN112)

After corrections made...R4 - R3 Pings successful

Note: I changed the look of your topology and deleted the interface notes that you added. I keep scrolling up and down while working on it. These modifications only change the look of the topology. You can easily change it back to the way you had if required.

Attached: Revised file

Thank you so much  @NetworkDave .It really saved my day . Much appreciated  for all the help and creating lab again to correct  the errors

@NetworkDave Hello once again.my saviour of packet tracer lab..can you please also explain if i am trying to shutdown the int at router r1,its should route to r2 and then to r3 and finally to r1..right!! But when i do that ,its not allowing ne to ping.

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Ranamohit54,

The topology is designed for the function you are asking about, but is the eqiupment configured to support this?

Previously you were unable to ping from R4 to R1 (on the primary path) and made the needed corrections; Now you are unable to ping from R4 to R1 (on the redundant path). Most likey the things to check and the solutions are similar to the previous problem.

Some general rules are:
If a router is not using any dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, etc.), then static routes must be used for any networks that are not directly connected.
Vlans must be configured (manually or via VTP) on all switches that the VLAN is associated with.
For VLAN routing to occur, on a Layer 2 switch, Router-On-A Stick with router sub-interfaces should be used.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X