cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended switch for uc320

jmorlince
Level 1
Level 1

Since the ESW's are end of life what switch is recommended for use with a UC320w?  I know it at least needs to be a 200 series, but what is the difference between the SG and SF?  I do not need a POE switch or Gigabyte. 

Thanks,

Jeremy

1 Reply 1

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jeremy

Love the 300 series product, can't say I have tried the 200 series product, but the firmware base is almost identical..

Having used the 300 series product, well I'll let Kevin Tolly, head of the Tolly group say it..

tolly.jpg

(Check out the Full Tolly reports by clicking here; )

SF and SG are acronyms for  Switch Fast Ethernet or Switch Gigabit Ethernet, which relates to access ports maximum speed on the switch. Since you mention you don't need Gigabit Ethernet, why not look at the SF200 or SF300 series switches. 300 series product has more management capabilities and functionality compared to the 200 series, but these differences can be seen in their  datasheets..

• SF200 or preferably the SF300 series switch is the way to go on UC320W solutions. With the new free firmware version 1.1.1.8, both series switch automatically configures the voice services on the switch for both UC320W and UC5XX voice platforms.. .Check the CCA datasheet for two exceptions within the 200 series family.

• A Partner resource call Smart Designs, shows validated applications tested within Cisco. The Validated Smart design for UC320W shows the ESW series switch as a preferrred switch for UC320W. But  we know that the ESW switch will be the replacement by the 200 and 300 series product.

• This plug and play functionality found on the 300 series switch, saves installation time and reduces the solution installation complexity to a plug and play exercise.

• If the end user out grows the UC320W, all phones and switches can migrate up to a UC500 for this same plug and play functionality. .

So check out and compare the SF200 or SF300 series models at the following location;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10898/prod_models_comparison.html

regards Dave