Views
Helpful
Replies

SG-200 igmp problem

ntgstudent
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've got some trouble with the igmp snooping in my switches. My main router operates only with igmp v2. The switches igmp snooping table entries are toggling to igmp v3 sometimes (mostly after attaching new devices) and there seems no way to edit the protocol version in the table or forcing the switches to use igmp v2 otherwise.

I think I am able to reset the network to igmp v2 (with a saturday full of uplink unplugging and switch resetting), but how can I prevent the switches from using igmp v2 ?

Router: Mikrotik RB 450, Switches Cisco SG-200-26 @ Frimware 1.3.0.62

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Jan,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Unfortunately only IGMP version 1 and 2 snooping is supported on the 200 series switches, the 300 and 500 series do support the version 3.  I apologize for the inconvenience and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X