Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-18 unable to login

After deactivation of regulation DHCP and CDP and reboot the switch there is no possibility to login.

System led blinks (green) and there is no access to switch.

I have tried reset to default to factory settings many times (press reset button for over 20 sec)

The ways i have tried to connect a switch after factory reset:

a) Static ip to PC which is in the same subnet with swich and default gateway 192.168.1.254 (no other devises are connected to switch)

b) I used a router with DHCP service enable but with no result.

I have tried with different  PCs and cables but none can received pakcage from switch (also used ping to switch).

Before this situation many time all PCs on the network had lost connection with switch (the solution were to unplug switch power cable,

the reset could not fix this.)

Is there any other solution to access on switch ?

Is there any connection with the previous problems that existed on the network (PCs canntot get IP)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Christos, sounds like a bad switch that needs replacement. Call the small business support center for a RMA.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Christos if the system light is blinking, it has a DHCP address.

Please disconnect the switch from the network and factory reset it then connect a computer to the switch on the 192.168.1.x network and try to access the switch at 192.168.1.254 and ensure you're not using a wireless connection.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom Thank you for reply.

I had already do all steps above.

The only thing that i did not do is to connect PC on ports G17 and G18 (only from this ports i have access to switch)

Then i reloaded again the latest fimware reboot it and then factory reset it

Now there is all initial settings but the problem exists for all other ports G1-G16.

That is what i mean

Every device which is connected to bad ports (G1-G16) cant recieve packets from switch (this shows also

from RMON Statistics) until i do same change (ex. disable CDP) and save config then ports start to receive packets

with a lower bitrate and after some time blocks again ( also the CRC & Align Errors have extremely increased about 10%)

If i connect another device, i have to make again some changes and save it to unblock the port.

The result is ports G1-G16 seems to have a problem than G17,G18 ports (immediate response for connected devices)

Ports are tested with the same cables and same PCs

Switch have allready works for 5 months until this problem.

Hi Christos, sounds like a bad switch that needs replacement. Call the small business support center for a RMA.

-Tom

Hi Tom,

After about two months they told me that was hardware failure.

Thanks