cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-10MP combo ports not active

gpend
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem with a SG300-10MP that is a couple years old. I just reached a point that I really need to use ports 9 and 10 (the combo ports) and I cannot seem to get them to go active. I will admit that I am not experienced with Cisco and have been able to bumble my way through most issues so far. As far as the config, all the ports are set to their factory defaults and I just updated to the latest firmware (1.4.2.4) with no change. Both LEDs are on solid on ports 9 and 10 regardless of cables connected and both ports are administrative status: up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

intport1231
Level 1
Level 1

go on CLI (serial cable/ Serial cable to USB / console cable / or connect via the IP address you are reaching the GUI from Windows cmd: telnet <ip> or use a ssh client---- I think telnet is enabled by default, if not enable via GUI on Security->TCP/UDP services)

Take a look at current config

type:

show running-config

take a look at the entries of the interfaces and lookup for strange things  and issue these commands too:

show interfaces status

show interfaces configuration detailed

show interfaces protected-ports detailed

show interfaces switchport GE 9

show interfaces switchport GE10

show port monitor

show ports security

(that's to know if the ports are belonging to some vlan and the PVID is not 1, or if the port is security locked, or if it is configured as mirroring another port and to see if it is really up)

additionally you could try:

show errdisable interfaces GE 9

show errdisable interfaces GE 10

show green-ethernet

show cable-diagnostics cable-length

(it's gotta show either <50 or the length)

in any case shut the interfaces down manually and bring them up manually  (just type after the # :))

#config

(config)#interface range ge9-10

(config-if-range)#shutdown

(config-if-range)#no shutdown

(config-if-range)#do show interfaces status

(config-if-range)#exit

(config)#exit

#

try to connect again, if not then backup your config (GUI save as text and encrypted passwords) and go on GUI ->Administration->reboot->click delete startup config, and restore to factory defaults, then reboot.

If not then your unit is damaged!